Idaho Energy Collaborative
The Idaho Energy Collaborative is an action-oriented group striving to create positive policy changes in Idaho related to energy. The Energy Collaborative promotes energy efficiency and conservation, as well as renewable energy development. Business people, nonprofit organizations, and knowledgeable citizens convene on a regular basis to exchange ideas, track current energy issues, and hear presentations from key stakeholders in energy related fields.
At the Local Level
The Energy Collaborative supports Idaho energy efficiency principles for cities and counties. This local government outreach effort provides guidance to:
- Reduce energy use in city/county buildings measured in terms of targeted percentages or through reductions in a city/county's energy use index.
- Increase efficiency throughout the community, including in residences and private businesses, through the use of incentives and public education.
- Help communities commit to "Smart Growth" policies in all future city/county development.
At the State Level
TheEnergy Collaborative maintains campaigns that encourage legislative support of bolstering green jobs, renewable energy development, and energy efficiency initiatives in the state of Idaho. The group also writes letters to the governor and presents packets to legislators with information on energy and specific policy asks.
At the National Level
At the national level, the Energy Collaborative provides letters of support to coalitions working on renewable energy and energy efficiency objectives.
Idaho Code Collaborative
Like the Energy Collaborative, the Idaho Code Collaborative comprises members from all industries to discuss commercial and residential building codes across the state. The collaborative process includes open discussions where members are encouraged to contribute their thoughts, ideas, opinions, and analysis. To encourage successful collaboration, members are expected to following the meeting guidelines.
2017 - 2018 Meeting Schedule
The Idaho Code Collaborative will meet every third Wednesday for an 8-month period. The initial meeting is scheduled for November 15th. Each meeting will be 2 hours long, with options for in-person at DBS offices or via a webinar for on-line participation, from 1 – 3 PM mountain/12 – 2 PM pacific.
Draft agendas will be distributed a month prior to the meetings inviting any additional items and materials, with the final agenda and materials distributed two weeks prior to each meeting. A proposed code review schedule is outlined below, with the caveat that it might be revised if additional time is needed:
- November 15, 2017: IECC (residential) meeting
- December 20, 2017: cancelled
- January 17, 2018: Resolve IECC
- February 21, 2018: IRC
- March 21, 2018: Resolve IRC
- April 18, 2018: IBC and IECC (commercial)
- May 16, 2018: Resolve IBC
- June 20, 2018: IEBC
- July 18, 2018: Resolve IEBC
- August 15, 2018: Review Code Correlation (“mash-up”)
Meeting Agendas and Summaries
Meeting agendas and summaries for the Idaho Code Collaborative are below.